Geographical Information Systems (GIS) are used to analyse and record the relationships and patterns which occur within spatial data. The use of GIS in ecology and environmental disciplines has become an essential tool for any planning or decision making that involves geographic data.
Highland Birchwoods has over 10 years experience in prodviding a wide range of GIS skills including:
• Image Geo-rectification / Geo-referencing
• Map / document and photogrammetric scanning
• GIS data entry / capture - graphical and textual
• Digitization/ Vectorization
• Feature Extraction
• GIS Mapping services for Environmental Studies, Urban/Local area Planning, Land Use Management, Protected Area Management etc
• Map Production electronic or full-colour prints up to A1
• GIS database creation, Data integration and Data Format Conversion
• Spatial Statistics
• Geo-coding of databases
• Spatial Analysis and Modeling
• Digital Terrain Modeling (DTM generation)
• Contour Mapping (Digital Elevation Models -DEM)
• 3D Landscape modelling (3D static mapping and animation flyby video)
• Image Photo-Interpretation: visual classification
• Satellite Imagery Manipulation, Interpretation and Classification
Highland Birchwoods uses the ArcGIS sytem and all maps and data can be produced in a wide variety of formats to suit your needs.
If you would like advice on how these services may help you, please feel free to give us a call.